SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provides functional leadership in managing the multi-discipline planned, same day, compliance, and emergency work for SDG&E’s operations teams. Responsible for actualizing the world-class-dispatching center vision through strategy, program, and process work with stakeholders. Work flows through this group from more than over 10 unique disciplines. This leader must drive cross departmental innovation, influence and compromise, to achieve company results and zero incidents while managing employee and stakeholder engagement. Oversees quality and internal resourcing to ensure the right work can be done at the right level at the right time. Demonstrates critical thinking in all facets of workload management and emergency response, strong focus on safety, compliance management, client partnership and data analysis to drive operational success, improvements, and mitigate risk to our field employees, company facilities, the public and company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for actualizing the world-class-dispatching center vision through strategy, program and process work with stakeholders and remains current on industry to always evolve. Establishes shared goals with greater than 10 unique teams whose workflows through this group; drive technology solutions whenever possible. Plans for the future and ensures all operational today.
- Must drive cross departmental innovation, influence and compromise, to achieve company results and zero incidents while managing employee and stakeholder engagement. Requires working with 3 to 12 different internal stakeholders and systems teams to reach one mutually beneficial solution. Can include external contractors and technology product partners.
- Manages strategic workload priorities, directives and compliance efforts. Responsible for 2million dollar direct budget and indirectly responsible for millions more through quality scheduling, dispatching and management of other teams’ work.
- Responsible to ensure quality and staffing approach will deliver on strategy and produce consistent, desired quality and timely results. Manages departmental strategy for cross departmental continuous improvements requiring influencing peers at all levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)