Tribal Relations Manager – 21-58725
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provides direction, communication and strategic planning for all company activities related to tribal communities and organizations in the territory we serve. Provides strategic leadership and management support to Tribal Relations and business and operational departments within the company on strategy, relationship management, program and infrastructure execution throughout SDG&E’s service territory. Develops, implements and increases effectiveness of programs that support tribal communities across company portfolio, from customer savings programs to resiliency programs. This role may be required to provide 24/7 support during emergencies or crises situation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages strategic public affairs activities within the tribal communities, to execute on stakeholder management, program implementation and infrastructure development.
- Manages and has ownership of the energy dialogue within tribal communities, including managing relationships with elected officials, other utilities, agencies, advocacy organizations and key staff.
- Counsels and guides internal project and policy teams on external landscape to accomplish company objectives.
- Counsels and guides internal teams in regulatory proceedings that impact tribal communities and participate in external stakeholder tribal events that support company objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferably within business administration, public policy or political science is required.
- 5+ In related fields, including work with governmental agencies, energy or tribal governments is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner in writing and verbally.
- Understanding of government and political acumen.
- Ability to assess public policy issues and develop strategic plans to exceed company goals.
- Requires ability to quickly forge new business and political relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient at coordinating and collaborating across many different disciplines, to understand and synthesize new information from a variety of sources, and to identify and set priorities.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to self-start and effectively manage time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.