SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provides support and project leadership to the tariff policy and compliance function within the SDG&E Customer Services & Customer Operations divisions. Monitors tariffs and regulations affecting Customer Services, supports development of advice letter and tariff filings relevant to the division, maintains the tariff compliance management and tracking system, and participates in regulatory proceedings as needed. Consults with subject matter experts, operational departments and business and financial analysts in interpreting tariffs and regulations and crafting policy and positions that ensure overall compliance for the division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors CPUC proceedings to identify when decisions are issued impacting Customer Services and Customer Operations to analyze and prepare for ingestion in the tariff compliance management and tracking system.
- Monitors and oversees tariffs and regulations impacting Customer Services and Customer Operations divisions to ensure that regulatory policies and procedures are adhered to across the organization. In a cross-functional manner, consults with subject matter experts and operating departments to analyze alternative legislative/regulatory approaches to business issues and present balanced and objective summaries of the same to leadership and senior management for decision-making. Provides interpretation, policy guidance and consulting to the Customer Services and Customer Operations organization.
- Briefs leadership, including senior management on compliance issues and present objective rational, interpretation and policy assessment
- Prepares analysis and reports of compliance and operational data to assist senior management to achieve performance targets.
- Analyzes information requirements and leads development of computerized solutions to meet such requirements
- Manages the quarterly compliance assessment process for assigned business unit segments in a cross-functional manner.
- Develops relationships with internal stakeholders to understand business issues in efforts to seek mutually satisfactory positions that preserve the interest of important stakeholders and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Prepares supporting documentation for California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and government agencies concerning business compliance matters. May be required to testify at regulatory meetings.
- Understands the regulatory structure of the gas and electric industries and the business interests of SDG&E and applies that knowledge to effectively oversee regulatory proceedings impacting Customer Service and Customer Operations business processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).