Supplier Diversity Project Manager #21-58699
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Leads the development, implementation, and management of comprehensive supplier diversity program strategies. Collaborates and builds relationships with external community organization leaders to promote a diverse and robust supplier chain for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership across the enterprise to ensure alignment of program objectives with broader organizational goals.
- Leads the development, implementation and management of comprehensive Supplier Diversity program strategies and plans. Develops annual and multi-year program plans to meet or exceed supplier diversity as required by CPUC General Order 156 and corporate policy. Business focused plans include; overview, current objectives, historical, short and mid-term performance targets, gap analysis, management action items, and resource requirements.
- Interfaces with senior management and executives to provide updates on business and regulatory environments related to supplier diversity, gain sponsorship for program activities, and provide performance updates. Ensures robust back-office processes and technology utilization required to successfully manage the program.
- Acts as the company representative to local, regional, state and national supplier diversity organizations, associations or regulating bodies.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory, reporting and policy requirements. Anticipates the effects of potential regulatory or policy changes and develops strategies to meet.
- Provides day to day management and assists in the development of Diverse Business Enterprises staff. Leads other strategic initiatives as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and experience is required.
- 6-8 Experience related to utility operations, supply management, project management, or supplier diversity.
- 3 Previous experience in a lead role.
- Company and Industry Knowledge: A skilled understanding of the power and gas utility industry, including operational departments (e.g. base operations, customer relations, energy efficiency, regulatory, etc.).
- Technical Expertise: Knowledge of procurement policies and processes, and experience in dealing with internal client and external supplier relationship building.
- Detailed knowledge of general business performance measures.
- Relationship Management and Communications: Must have astute communication skills (oral and written) in communicating with internal and external stakeholders with credibility and confidence.
- Ability to effectively encourage open communication to achieve mutual understanding.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Supplier Diversity Certification or Supply Mgmt. Certification is preferred.
- Requires extended work hours. This position requires successful candidates be available to participate in external events including nights and weekends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.