SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide system support, research and trouble-shooting in the completion of external hires and internal move transactions. Conduct ongoing process review and documentation for continuous improvement and efficiencies in workflow processes. Support Staffing with talent acquisition process and HRIS in HR system related tasks, special project work, and historical analytical research as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the upload and records update process to ensure the accurate reflection of employment records for payroll processes, classification and employment status. Review and evaluate workflow processes and make recommendations to ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency of company procedures and policies that are required to minimize any financial risk and exposure of the company. Conduct audits to ensure regulations are implemented and being adhered to. Works collaboratively with clients to identify workforce/staffing issues and to meet clients’ internal and external workforce needs in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the recruitment & selection process for exempt, non-exempt and union positions for assigned client groups by performing the following: evaluate employment applications and identify qualified applicants; utilizes online recruiting sources to identify and source candidates; applies compensation philosophy to determine appropriate offer amount; extend employment offers. Takes appropriate measures to ensure compliance to ADA and company policy to avoid discrimination of disabled employees/applicants (i.e. identify alternate work for disabled employees returning to work) with company negotiated bargaining unit agreements and other state and federal regulations, i.e. EEOC, ADA, FLSA to ensure best hiring practices are enforced. Provide administrative support for staffing processes. Educate new hires on company benefits, policies and procedures and other relevant information.
- Research, collect, compile and analyze information from various sources for a variety of specialized highly complex human resources topics within the department, prepare reports which present data and alternatives and recommends solutions to resolve the issues
- Provide work direction to Staffing Assistants/Associates in support of the recruitment and selection process.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).