SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Perform a full spectrum of financial planning, analysis, budgeting and accounting responsibilities, including preparation, monitoring and reporting of business unit financial plans. Provide support to business unit operating departments and regions in the areas of financial consulting, process costing, and performance measurement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare analysis and reports of financial and operational data to assist company and business unit management achieve performance targets.
- Develop departmental annual budgets.
- Coordinate and prepare annual OM and capital budgets and related cash flows.
- Coordinate with other business units and prepare financial and cost allocation plans and monthly quarterly performance reviews.
- Provide support in the development of computerized solutions to meet such requirements.
- Perform special projects and studies as assigned by manager.
- Provide support in the tracking and analysis of operational and financial performance measures and indicators for the business unit segment.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).