SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Software Engineer II works within a team to design, develop, deliver and maintain solutions within SDGE’s implementation of RSA’s Archer IRM platform. Partners with business clients to document processes and requirements in support of developing an Archer solution. Examples of users are enterprise business users, vendors, employees and other teams within IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, and maintains Archer solutions in accordance with business acceptance criteria. Tests deliverables against a user story’s acceptance criteria. A user story is a unit of work that is delivered within a sprint – typically captured with a specific format including acceptance criteria that act as requirements to note when the story can be accepted as done. Users may be customers, internal stakeholders, vendors, or other teams within IT as is relevant to the product or capability owned by the team). Helps translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications for reference and reporting. Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Delivers end-to-end maintenance and support of all products and features owned by their product team, performing triage and responding to incidents as needed. Identifies opportunities for automation and integration for continuous improvement.
- Utilizes development skills to build/code in alignment with agile mindset and values, working off user stories within an agile scrum team. Participates in team’s agile ceremonies (the 5 ceremonies involved in Scrum methodology: daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog refinement, demos, and retrospective), communicating progress, collaboratively solving problems, and contributing to the team’s success in delivering work as defined in sprint outcomes. Partners with team members and other functions within the technology organization when necessary. Guides more junior software engineers through paired programming.
- Contributes to reviews and demos of technical specifications and program code as part of the technical team. Serves as an active contributor, bringing innovation and process improvement efficiencies to the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).