This position serves as a key point of contact in supporting programs or projects for office and field projects. Provides assistance to Operations and Maintenance and will track current SDGE network devices assets by using reports, analytics, databases, and field visits to confirm accuracy of reports and database of SDGE Network Device assets. The position will also assist future Smart Meter Capital Projects by tracking current SDGE Network Device assets as they are being removed from field and replaced by Smart Meter 2.0 devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track program/project progress utilizing program databases, applications and field visits if necessary to develop reports for program/project management and stake holders as needed. Provides support for Operations and Maintenance along with Capital Projects
- Provide program or project support through business unit meetings, field visits and joint meets if needed to ensure Programs or Projects are on track.
- Provide analytical support in the development of strategies, assessments and analysis of program/project elements.
- Collaborate or individually prepare supporting documentation for the development of reports and presentations for key stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience Required
- H.S. Diploma/GED Required
- 3 years Experience as a project specialist, project support role, or a similar position. Required
- Some experience in Smart metering, network communication, and/or some field technician experience or knowledge a plus. Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in data collection, with statistical, analytical and written skills. Intermediate
- Strong computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Access. Advanced
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable. Beginner
- Basic Knowledge of Smart Meter technology for Electric meters and Gas modules Beginner
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of RF(Radio Frequency) is desirable Beginner
- Basic Knowledge of RF test equipment is desirable Beginner
- Must have the ability to balance multiple priorities. Advanced
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have valid and current driver license Required
- Must be able to travel to field, job sites and supplier/contractor plants/facilities