Service Coordinator (#21-58851)
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages all coordination of construction service orders from customer inception to construction completion. Responsible for all incoming customer requests, via phone lines and web base, for new service, remodels, upgrades, relocations and removals involving gas and electric facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines scope of work involved and distributes requests to appropriate departments.
- Interfaces with Service Planners, General Contractors, Electricians, Plumbers, Service Crews, Trench Inspectors, District Dispatchers, Gas Engineering, New Service, Customer Contact Center and Right of Way.
- Gathers all technical information associated with customer requests.
- Navigates CISCO and DPSS to assign project and job levels and maintain job status.
- Processes all Service Planner work, planner files and identifies the need for permits and secures them through appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for assigning, scheduling and dispatching stand-by lineman for energized facilities and for mandreling.
- Assigns, schedules and dispatches electric service crews to install services and dusk to dawn lighting.
- Works with district Dispatchers to schedule gas service crew work, field memos and PE work orders.
- Checks all orders for accuracy and completeness, documents and files all service work.
- Verifies orders are construction ready, including necessary permits, rights of way, traffic control plans and monies processed are complete.
- Primary interface with Temporary Service Providers requesting electric temporary service.
- Includes identifying source availability, costing, designing and preparing a service order and related letter.
- Responsible for informing and educating customers on our processes and procedures.
- Notifies customers/contractors of job completion and determines, initiates and coordinates any follow up activities required.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- H.S. Diploma/GED High school diploma required.
- Requires 2 years of related construction or customer service experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, analytical ability, problem solving, time management, multi-tasking, decision making and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of SDGE construction related internal processes is desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Word, DPSS, CISCO, GFMS, GPORT, SPESCOM eB are highly desirable.
Please apply directly to our SDG&E Career Website:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.