SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Integrate, evaluate, and validate large data streams associated with SDG&E’s Wildfire Mitigation Plan (WMP) programs and initiatives. Perform continuous data health analysis used to develop and enhance WMP management strategies for each phase of the WMP programs and initiatives. Effectively lead analysis to achieve WMP operating objectives and advance SDG&E’s use of asset data analytics. Partner with the appropriate operating unit experts to identify data streams, perform quantified data
analytics, and validate data before it is added to the data repository. Implement solutions based on quantifiable results. Maintain process and tools that drive outcomes into future assessments. Ensure that appropriate data systems and tools are utilized and maintained to support analytics platform, including data definitions, policies and procedures related to wildfire programs that support the WMP plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops predictive machine learning models to support proactive identification and analysis of ignition risks across the system.
- Supports operating groups with implementation of risk models to inform decision-making including support of EOC activations as needed or required.
- Documents wildfire risk models including algorithms, inputs, assumptions and use cases to support reporting requirements.
- Builds and enhances internal alliances with key operating leadership and subject experts to establish appropriate metrics and analytics to support wildfire mitigation objectives.
- Assists in the development and delivery of added wildfire risk analytics dashboards, reports and
- Builds and fosters external alliances to maintain up to date knowledge of industry-related issues in data analytics.
- Serves as key strategic and advocacy role for information systems that support data analytics, providing common platform for wildfire risk analytics that drives consistency and repeatability.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).