Senior Transmission Compliance Advisor – 21-60696
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory mandated transmission standards required by FERC/NERC and others agencies. This position is responsible for directing and managing ongoing compliance activities, assembling and maintaining all records and information required to demonstrate compliance with audits, and resolution of compliance issues or notices of non-compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees mandatory standard compliance activities within department. Coordinates those efforts with the SDG&E Regulatory Manager to help ensure proper application of standards.
- Performs regulatory compliance analysis and interpretations of new and existing standards and participates in the agency standard development process; modifies and improves policies and procedures to ensure compliance with standards.
- Directs the preparation of compliance audit materials as necessary to demonstrate compliance for all reviews and audits. Works independently to respond to discovery and complete necessary compliance reports.
- Provides lead support for compliance audits conducted by both internal SDG&E auditors and external NERC and agency auditors. Resolves compliance issues or disputes as required.
- Coordinates the preparation, review and/or analyses of regulatory filings or information in support of such filings related to transmission standard issues.
- Responds to internal and external requests for information related to transmission standard compliance issues and other areas as appropriate. Participates in training programs, seminars and workshops to support compliance requirements.
- Requires BS/BA in engineering, business or related field.
- A minimum of 6 or more years of experience or equivalent training.
- Thorough knowledge of mandatory reliability standards. ability to understand legal, regulatory, and financial theories and concepts. project management and organizational skills
- Requires problem solving skills and knowledge of PC applications.
- Thorough knowledge of department business activities with the ability to interpret applicable theories and concepts
- Principally an office desk job involving travel within the county and airline travel as necessary to attend various workshops, seminars and meetings held outside San Diego County.
- Ensure compliance to prevent standards violations sanctions of up to $1,000,000 per day per violation to shareholders.
- Ability to lead development of custom software applications is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.