Senior Resource Planner – 21-61494
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Conducts studies, or acts as project leader, on complex studies or major projects involving development or resource plans and the procurement of electric power. Provides expert testimony. Analyzes and recommends new modeling and analytical tools and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts studies, or acts as project leader, on complex studies or major projects involving resource planning and electric power procurement.
- Provides leadership, technical advice, training and guidance to others.
- Develops new modeling/analytical techniques.
- Work in direct consultation with middle and top management in decision making and resource commitments.
- Testifies at regulatory hearings and interface with regulators and legislators.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferable in engineering, business administration, finance or economics.
- 6+ A minimum of six years of engineering/planning experience.
- Knowledge of multi-area production costing modeling.
- Perform basic financial analysis on resource options.
- Experience as a witness in a regulatory proceeding.
- Knowledge of transmission system modeling, hydro system modeling, and modeling of demand reduction programs are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are highly desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or an advanced degree is desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.