SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
This specialized position provides a range of customer analytics support for the company, conducting complex analytics on customer information. Using data analytics as the core, responsible for supporting business customers and how they utilize our services. It includes examining, accessing, and evaluating data from internal databases, by using SAP systems, SQL, and Power BI. Subject areas include critical business customers, SAP billing and credit, customer experience, and business analytics. Along with creating data results this position will also be responsible for storytelling (i.e., communicating and informing conclusions and recommendations) based on customer data and outcomes of the analytics. Other roles/duties will include leading internal team reporting and metrics supporting customers during Public Safety Power Shutoffs or other emergency situations such as customer outages or EOC activations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act in a lead capacity or as primary point of contact with a wide range of clients regarding key business problems as they relate to analytics. Handle client expectations related to schedule/timeline.
- Utilize advanced data manipulation techniques while extracting, querying, transforming and loading data as needed in support of various reporting and analysis needs.
- Perform data analysis of information gathered, and develop recommendations/actions to be taken based on the applicable information. Analyze data/information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Create data visualization, reporting and presentation of insights developed through the analysis.
- Work effectively and collaborate with other team members and across the organization.
- Maintain current knowledge and awareness of technical developments in the field of data analytics.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).