Senior Business Systems Analyst (21-58532)
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Senior Business System Analyst (BSA) is tasked with helping the business meet its objectives and goals by using broad IT and business knowledge to implement IT solutions which address business needs. In a leadership capacity, develops requirements, facilitates/conducts Business Domain testing, and provides training to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives. Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution. Identify, develop and implement effective technology solutions that address complex initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In a leadership capacity, develops and manages requirements to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives.
- Includes data analysis, modeling and process management as part of requirements facilitation.
- Models systems and data to a logical level, user interface design and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows, modeling and processes using various notation (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, business process modeling notation.
- Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution.
- Facilitate and execute Business Domain Testing and may participate in Quality Assurance domain level testing to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives.
- Identify, develop and implement effective technology solutions that address complex initiatives.
- Develop and conduct user training to assure proper operation of systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree or college diploma/certificate in business or information technology, or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience required.
- Ability to provide project leadership in the areas requirements development, business domain testing and training.
- Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements).
- Extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of testing methodology and tools.
- Extensive knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration; networks, operating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of business; process, roles/responsibility, industry.
- Data analysis and Organization modeling.
- Requirements workshops/interviews/observation.
- Decision and costs benefit analysis.
- Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Facilitation and Organizational skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
NOTE: This position requires occasional weekend and evening work availability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.