SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages the relationship with the Company’s largest and more complex commercial and industrial customers. Is strategically focused and guides the customer in the development of integrated energy solutions, value-added services in the form of energy efficiency programs, rate options, and new technologies. Acts as a single point of contact for large commercial customers to ensure they are informed and comply with all applicable service options, tariffs and rules. Manages all customers’ operational service-related demands, and also achieves energy efficiency, added load and customer satisfaction goals. Provides customer market intelligence analysis to complex regulatory proceedings on proposed tariff changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages customer relationship for the utility’s largest and more complex commercial and industrial customers. Meets with senior executives of large companies to present energy strategic plans and concepts. Proactively proposes strategies, tactics and new program ideas to support customer alternatives on emerging technologies and energy alternatives. Ensures customer commitment on energy efficiency savings projects or services and demand response programs. Prepares customized presentations to the customer on various topics including pending rate changes, proposed expanded utility service offerings, and other related energy issues. Responds to more complex customer inquiries on rate issues, infrastructure projects, and customer strategic plans.
- Provides strategic market intelligence including competitive threats; technical developments; industry trends and the impacts of utility policies, government legislation and GHG regulation from the customer perspective. Leads development of strategies, tactics and new program ideas to enhance the utility’s competitive market position. Identifies key customer issues and elevates them to the appropriate executive level within the utility for consideration of impact on long range strategies. Maintains a direct point of contact with customer trade organizations to monitor market/industry changes and establish relationships with influential decision makers and thought leaders.
- Proactively and autonomously advises customers on complex tariff and regulatory issues. Develops detailed and complex financial analyses for various customer energy options to ensure that the appropriate tariff is selected for the customer. Negotiates complex key contracts with significant financial impact to the Company and helps seek resolution on multi-faceted customer issues. Mobilizes customer support for regulatory and legislative initiatives, typically under tight deadlines. Serves critical role by persuading customers to provide support letters and/or participate in regulatory workshops.
- Serves as internal liaison between the utility and large commercial and industrial customers with various internal departments including but not limited to regional operations personnel, external outreach, Public Affairs, Electric Distribution and Operations. Is accountable to organize and develop an internal team to follow all projects to completion and insure exceptional customer service. Represents customer perspective on major infrastructure project development.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).