Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
This position which has the responsibility for serving the Company as a lead professional regarding financial, regulatory, reporting and accounting issues and projects. Works with internal and external customers to identify their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in a lead professional capacity possessing knowledge and recognized as an expert/authority in their area.
- Applies expertise to address and evaluate regulatory and financial projects and impacts to balancing and memo accounts and provide recommended solutions for cost recovery.
- Research, analyze and evaluate financial, regulatory and accounting proposals, enacted requirements and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Financial Accounting Standards Board, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, California Public Utility Commission, etc. for financial, regulatory, accounting and operational impacts.
- On specific issues, assignments and/or projects will act as a lead supervising the work of subordinate employees, providing on-the-job training, coaching and counseling.
- On specific issues, assignments and/or projects will act as a lead on cross-departmental teams.
- Review and analyze balancing accounts to determine appropriate amounts to collect or return funds to ratepayers through annual update filings.
- Work with project managers and business planners to come up with future impacts to balancing accounts to determine future cash flow for balancing accounts.
- May be asked to testify in front of the Commissions in the form of written or oral testimonies.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).