SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages and directs large-scale, major projects within the department or business unit. Responsible for the development of work scope, budget, schedule, and resource requirements. Prepares, negotiates, and approves contracts for contractors or consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates all activities leading to the successful completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates and design. Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements. Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team. Coordinate input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objective.
- Analyzes and determines regulatory impacts and requirements of the project. May build business cases and justifications.
- Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating performance. Researches and evaluates available contractors and consultants. Prepares, negotiates, and approves or recommends approval of contracts. Negotiate contracts changes.
- Manages related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepares budget forecasts.
- Testifies before and/or prepares supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).