Project Coordinator I (Can be filled at a higher role) #21-59213
*NOTE: Can be filled at a higher role*
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Project Coordinator I provides on site supervision for daily work activities of subcontractors implementing energy conservation measures for 3rd party customers to ensure that all work is coordinated and scheduled in advance with occupants and other contractors, safety plans and requirements are in place, and quality control and adherence are followed. Answers questions or address issues regarding field conditions and acts as a direct line of communication between the client(s) and the subcontractors. Creates and maintains relationships with customers and subcontractors to promote a safe and beneficial experience for all. This position also updates schedules and provides feedback to Project Management on progress and issues that may affect our ability to complete the project on time and on budget. Attends weekly meetings as scheduled and provides necessary input to facilitate a productive meeting via written schedules, walks existing field conditions and documents the current state to help provide solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Construction – Assists in the development of project schedules, completes required pre-construction submittals as required by customer (e.g. Safety Plans, QC/QA Plans, Environmental Plans, Customer Badging Forms, and Existing Conditions Reports), works with customer and subcontractors to clear any barriers to starting and completing construction as efficiently as possible and coordinates all necessary pre-inspection work, material review, and access and resource requirements. Makes field observations on existing conditions to determine full breadth of project scope.
- Construction – Supervises subcontractors on-site, conducts safety briefings and ensures a safe work environment; coordinates implementation/installation efforts with customer and contractor to obtain necessary information to ensure compliance with all permit requirements, inspections, equipment specifications, installation dates, access requirements and time tables.
- QC/QA – Conducts and attends joint meetings between customers and subcontractors to implement QA/QC plan to ensure work being performed is meeting all standards and requirements.
- Close Out – Assists in the development of close-out documentation for all project scopes (including commissioning and performance testing), and submits required submittals to gain customer acceptance of the project.
- Provides input on work methods, processes and safety procedures. Provides subject matter expertise in the implementation and installation of various energy conservation measures and construction practices
- Develops work methods and streamlines required documentation to create a more effective and efficient work process
- Communicates regularly with subcontractors, Project Management and customers to establish updated schedules, energy usage and business operations; and prepares/provides required submittals and progress reports to customer.
- Act as Project Manager in Project Manager’s absence. Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- High School or GED equivalent.
- 7+ years of energy Industry or construction related experience.
- Specialized skills and knowledge of energy retrofit projects, energy savings and performance contracting, HVAC and mechanical, and electrical/controls (DDC/EMS) are highly desirable.
- Inter-personal and communication skills critical for performance.
- Familiarity with government project implementation and processes.
- Must pass background check to gain access to secured government facilities including military installations
- EM385 and/or OSHA 40 safety certification.
- Related field of study (such as Engineering, Construction Management) or trade school credential/certification with at least 3 to 5 years of industry experience.
- Contracting licenses.
- Certifications in energy related fields highly desirable (e.g. Certified Energy Managers – CEM) through Association of Energy Engineers AEE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.