SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Program Delivery Manager leads technology delivery and enables excellence in operations for a product or capability group. Leads delivery and management of large IT projects using various project management methodologies. A capability group is an organized collection of related teams within IT.
Oversees scope, cost, and quality of assigned technology projects, evaluates regulatory requirements for future bodies of work, and leads development of justifications, business cases, and resourcing plans for capitalized expenditures. Tracks financial metrics on program execution and provides relevant inputs to Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) for future investment planning purposes. Compiles and submits all financial reporting in a timely fashion, to comply with company CapEx and OpEx requirements.
Works with contractors through the external vendor manager directly or their back office support for any assigned work, to lead status meetings with external vendor manager to review progress and quality of assigned work. Assists as needed with providing company protocols, scope of work, and contract adjustments where valid and approved by company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management: Plans, oversees, and closes multiple IT projects, with a focus on those with significant risks and dependencies. Utilizes an appropriate delivery framework, such as agile and/or waterfall, to lead successful execution of projects under their direction. Agile and Waterfall are technology delivery methodologies, with agile focusing on incremental delivery of technology products and features, and waterfall focusing on more traditional end to end project management.
- Budgeting and Planning: Supports Group Product Owner and Group Scrum Manager in all planning activities, including quarterly planning. Adapts planning processes to balance agile ways of working with enterprise needs. Identifies and raises financial and resource risks to Group Product Owner / Group Scrum Master. Continuously looks for technology or process-based refinements to reduce low-value tasks from Group Program operations. Manages budget for assigned capital projects, tracking spending, establishing, and updating budgets, and providing regular financial projections on forecasted spend. Builds business cases for company’s technology investments and creates supporting documentation for stakeholders such as IT finance partners, program governance committee, and regulating bodies. Coordinates with finance to ensure that corporate financial requirements are met, and that specifics of CapEx and OpEx budgets and spending are reported in a timely fashion. Supports Group Product Managers and Senior Group Product Managers in portfolio planning and coordination to ensure that financial projections are updated and managed within approved budget.
- Operational Effectiveness: Drives delivery and execution of technology transformation initiatives as assigned, providing consultation and enablement services such as coaching and transformation support to teams and groups as they adopt new technologies and work practices. Drives organizational alignment to digital transformation initiatives through consultation and coaching to increase enrollment into transformational initiatives.
- IT Vendor Management: Leads project delivery, including oversight of timeliness and quality of vendor contracts and deliverables. Supports processes for ongoing contract monitoring and resolution of issues that arise to ensure smooth delivery of services. Assists as needed with providing company protocols, scope of work, and contract adjustments where valid and approved by the company.
- Group Program Operations: Collects and reports data for area of responsibility, collaborating with Group Product Owner / Group Scrum Master to identify unique measures of success specific to a functional area. Tracks key metrics and performance indicators for group and reports them to appropriate stakeholders. Assists in establishing and communicating departmental guidelines, procedures and/or policies, and driving compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).