SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages and coordinates the full cycle of all contracting activities in support of medium to large-scale, medium to high complexity and risk, multi-year capital or Operations & Maintenance (O&M) projects of up to $300M with minimal support from Portfolio Manager. Leads negotiations of medium to high complexity, medium to high risk agreements, oversees all stages of strategic and tactical procurement, contract oversight & management, review and execution. Develops and executes customized project procurement plan(s) and strategies for each project and coordinates activities with procurement and project personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates the full cycle of all contracting activities in support of medium to large-scale, medium to high complexity and risk, multi-year capital or O&M projects of up to $300M. Leads negotiations of medium to high complexity, medium to high risk agreements, oversees all stages of strategic and tactical procurement, contract oversight & management, review and execution with minimal support from Portfolio Manager.
- Develops and executes customized project procurement plan(s) and strategies for each project and coordinates activities with procurement and project personnel.
- Supervises, plans, manages, and assumes complete responsibility for all procurement activities and processes associated with assigned projects, including directly performing contracting duties.
- Analyzes market and coordinates with project stakeholders to anticipate potential disruptions to projects due to regulatory, political, commercial climates and natural disasters. Develops exposure/impact analysis and implements avoidance or mitigation measures.
- Meets with internal customers to understand project scope, requirements, and plans. Determines best contracting strategy to meet project goals and deadlines. Reviews and publishes project forecast to incumbent contractors, builds should cost models, calculates total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Performs thorough analysis to support the development, execution and management of contracts that identify opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, manage/mitigate risk, improve safety, drive innovation, and ensure the continuous development of projects being managed.
- Develops reporting for all project procurement activities and communicates ongoing status to all project stakeholders.
- Works with Business Units to develop and manage tools to track supplier performance (i.e., scorecards), communicates supplier performance metrics to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis. Interprets contractual obligations, coordinates and manages conflict resolution with suppliers/contractors and stakeholders to drive resolution and formalizes outcome contractually.
- Provides direction and guidance to Business Units on all Supply Management matters to ensure compliance with company procurement policies and best practices. Coordinates cross functional team discussions with representatives from Business Units for stakeholder alignment, Diverse Business Enterprise, Supply Operations, Insurance & Risk Advisory, Safety, Tax, Cybersecurity, Audit, Privacy, and Legal on complex projects and contracting issues.
- Supervises direct reports and mentors department staff.
- Develops a fairly deep understanding of highly technical requirements in many cases for areas of new business requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).