SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide high-level technical support and apply deep utility knowledge to identify key issues and help develop SDG&E’s strategic plan and emissions study. Influence stakeholders and work collaboratively across SDG&E to help ensure implementation and alignment of company’s overall strategy. Lead and help support the development of executive deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction to SDG&E’s Strategic Planning group. Apply deep utility knowledge to establish and review key strategic priorities and translate them into comprehensive, actionable strategic plans. Work with key business unit directors and VPs to ensure strategic initiatives are aligned to the company’s overall strategy. Facilitate the development of strategic plans and associated reporting metrics.
- Lead portions of emissions study development and certain ad hoc executive special projects (for example, internal analysis to support regulatory proceedings and development of executive presentations
- Develop and review Board of Directors reports intended to provide updates on SDG&E’s operations, regulatory, and external affairs issues most critical to the company. Apply deep utility knowledge to identify and prioritize the key issues pertinent to Board of Directors and executive officers.
- Develop, and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as working teams, consultants, and senior management.
- Lead market research and analytical support for company-wide strategic initiatives that need additional development, including performing analysis of major business, legislative and regulatory issues facing the company.
- Provide leadership support to junior-level colleagues through identification of development opportunities and reviewing tasks/assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).