SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Principal Domain Engineer – SAP leads provisioning and configuration of company’s SAP systems, with a focus on Basis and/or security configuration, installation, implementation, and set up. Focuses on reliability, security, and performance of company’s SAP environments. Leveraging SAP platform knowledge, designs and implements optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability. Designs access-based privileges for users across SAP environments.
Provides self-service capabilities to product teams, business users, and customers to increase efficiency (e.g., providing a self-service portal to automate auditing). Anticipates and manages interdependencies and risks to drive team success. Exercises considerable initiative to solve challenging technical problems and influence the technological maturity across their team and group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees installation, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise SAP platforms technology as applicable. Drives database design in company’s SAP environments, confirming that user access controls are in place according to company policies. Leads capacity planning, installation, configuration, database administration, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, backup and recovery for company’s SAP platform and environments. Implements high risk and/or scalable technology changes according to delivery framework, for business-critical functional areas while following established designs and configurations. Consults with product teams on engineering and operational topics relevant to their domain. Handles long-term initiatives pertaining to company’s SAP environment, collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders to develop technology and systems, and to evaluate and assess SAP technical application packages to implement right capabilities to be made available to meet business user needs. Provides input and oversight where needed for design and implementation of SAP-based applications and features.
- Leads triage and issue resolution for escalated activities related to company’s SAP platforms, applying technical expertise and deep knowledge of domain to identify root causes and solutions. Plans all activities associated with support and maintenance within SAP domain. Provides subject matter expertise related to SAP Basis, security roles, and company’s SAP platform to assist other teams with maintenance and operations, and to mitigate any impacts of interdependencies between systems and platforms. Collaborates closely with operational support and engineering and storage team, providing maintenance and support related to SAP systems and platforms. Provides input into Technology Lifecycle Roadmap through ongoing discovery, analysis, and assessment.
- Leads evaluation of new SAP technologies and solutions. Analyzes new technology to identify and mitigate risks. Plans system, platform, or network enhancements, taking into account dependencies and adherence to corporate standards and user access policies. Drives identification and mitigation of critical impacts and to meet performance and functional needs. Partners with architects to adhere to overall architecture and standards. Contributes to development of a self-service model for platforms and technology services that empowers development teams and business users, and drives efficiency.
- Participates in agile ceremonies (e.g., daily stand up, and backlog refinement), acting as a domain Subject Matter Expert (SME), informs sprint planning which is the initial planning event that begins a sprint and defines what can be delivered in a sprint. Actively supports product teams in writing user stories (i.e., a unit of work that is delivered within a sprint – typically captured with a specific format including “acceptance criteria” that act as requirements to note when the story can be accepted as done) and defining user story acceptance criteria where domain is applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).