Principal Credit/Collections Analyst (21-59177)
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Serves as a highly experienced internal member of the Credit and Collections team and other departments by providing leadership and strategy for credit and collection activities. Trains and advises members of the Collection management team. Presents reports to committees and regulatory filings. Supports the five-year strategic and financial planning and budgeting process. Leads effort in finding best business actions to undertake related to all Credit and Collections needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs credit assessment of financial risk to establish lines of credit and communicate with entities.
- Acts as working lead to train and advise members of Credit and Collections team on utility credit processes and analyses.
- Creates quarterly credit reports and present findings to various Executive committees.
- Leads effort of finding and implementing best-practices on processes and systems
- Works with internal IT systems to ensure efficient use by team members
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, related field or equivalent training and experience.
- 8 years – Experience in credit and collections processes and regulations affecting these activities or closely related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the credit and revenue collection processes and regulations affecting these activities.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Requires effective communication, negotiation and follow through skills.
- Requires effective oral communication skills in order to explain policies, procedures and convey technical information to non-technical individuals or groups.
- Thorough knowledge of the work unit and its interaction with other SDG&E departments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.