SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provides direction and leadership to analyst group and a high level of technical support to senior management in the following: (1) developing, monitoring and reporting of business unit financial plans; (2) company and business unit strategic decision-making; (3) evaluating financial impact of major business and regulatory issues; and (4) financial consulting in process costing, process improvement, new product/services development planning, and performance measurement support and analysis.10% – Prepares business unit financial plans and supports company and business unit management in preparation of strategic and tactical plans. Provides coaching and mentoring to junior staff members and gives work direction to analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares analysis and reports of financial and operational data to assist senior management achieve performance targets.
- Supports the Company in regulatory proceedings such as general rate case applications, performance based regulation proceedings and special filings including performing financial analyses of major business and regulatory issues and new product/service programs.
- Provides support to management in development and coordination of the resource allocation process including modifying and/or improving the process as business needs change.
- Acts as the financial resource relative to financial planning, analysis and budgeting, new product/services development and implementation, workflow analysis and costing information to evaluate and ensure competitiveness.
- Manages the tracking and analysis of operational and financial performance measures and indicators.
- Coordinates the preparation of OM and capital budgets for assigned business unit segments.
- Analyzes information requirements and leads development of computerized solutions to meet such requirements.
- Provides leadership to Business Analysts and Sr. Business Analysis as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).