Organizational Development Advisor (21-58663)
NOTE: This role may be filled at a higher level based on applicant’s experience, knowledge and skillset.
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide consulting services to all levels of management on business unit performance issues regarding work group productivity, team-building, employee and leadership development needs, process improvements and change initiatives. Work closely with business unit clients to tie performance improvement recommendations to business unit goals and objectives. Work in conjunction with Sr. Organizational Development Advisor, Human Resources Advisors, and Organizational Development Manager in implementing strategic direction, understanding competitive pressures and driving performance improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with clients to identify appropriate intervention and continuous improvement strategies, including team-building, process re-engineering, process improvement, performance measures, personnel changes and development plans.
- Assess, design and conduct basic and advanced interventions for company employees and work groups.
- Participate in the design and delivery of management and leadership development curriculum. Work with clients to assess training and operational needs.
- Deliver or oversee delivery of appropriate performance improvement activities and interventions. Work closely with clients to create attainable and measurable performance improvement to achieve desired performance objectives. Participate in the implementation process as a partner with clients.
- Work in conjunction with other Employee & Organizational Development groups to identify contract trainers or consultants to assure contract deliverables meet all quality and timeline requirements.
- Identify appropriate internal or external training opportunities when training needs are identified.
- Proactively research and stay informed on new performance consulting methods, techniques, vendors and literature. Act as a key information source and advisor to less experienced OD staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Psychology, Economics, Communication, Education, Instructional Technology or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 3 years – Experience in training, instructional design or related area. Must have experience in 2 or more of the following specialty areas: Performance Consulting, Organizational Design, Group Facilitation and Team Development, Leadership Development, Re-engineering & Process Improvement, Process Mapping, Training Design, Change Management, Job Design/Redesign, Strategy Development/Implementation, Business Unit Functional Expertise.
- Requires strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management on critical and sensitive issues.
- Project Management skills are required to coordinate projects and cross-functional teams.
- Requires excellent one-on-one and group presentation skills. Must be able to analyze and synthesize interpersonal and group dynamics, performance data, statistical data and industry trends.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Business or Industrial Psychology.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.