SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Perform timekeeping duties for management, associate/technical, and represented employees. Reviews timesheets, reports, and work schedules. Ensure timekeeping for represented employees complies with the union collective bargaining agreement. Ensure compliance with related company policies for all personnel.
- Process management, associate/technical and Union timekeeping and reporting in timekeeping system and SAP. Consults with Labor Relations on CBA interpretation. Consults with My Info Payroll for appropriate timekeeping procedures.
- Maintain Callout System, e.g. update on-call, all other overtime and pre-arranged overtime lists. Extract data and run reports on attendance as needed in timekeeping system and SAP.
- Respond to payroll issues, worker’s compensation inquiries and employee benefits questions.
- Coordinate DMV physicals for Class A drivers, calculates / process mileage expenses, maintain personnel files, file timekeeping documentation and purges files according to the Records Retention Guidelines. Participate in storm and emergency drills, respond to emergency calls and provide critical support during storms and emergency operations using SDA, SORT and GFMS / GIS systems.
- Provide back-up, as needed, for the CMP and Timekeeping areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).