Marketing Communications Advisor (21-60636)
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Develops compelling content for a multi-channel strategy including, but not-limited to: direct mail, video, website, email and social media marketing, and advertising. The goal of all campaigns is to increase customer satisfaction and awareness, creating a positive perception of SDG&E. Serves as a creative storyteller, and applies analytical and communication skills to support a team managing both traditional and digital marketing communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute single channel marketing and communication plans to enhance the company’s offerings and energy solutions for customers. Develop the company’s promotion activities around offerings, as well as sponsorships, seminars, educational events and other activities. Produce postcards, letters, brochures and other company correspondence, and ensure the proper use of grammar and the company’s image and branding. Drive the development of digital marketing (email, social media, search engine, banner advertising and website) that is creative and effective. Develop social media campaigns that target audiences considering platform, timing, tailored posts and profiles to achieve maximum and build a better Internet presence. Drive awareness of brand, services and products, and create retention as applicable.
- Develop strong, compelling and creative content for a variety of marketing and communications campaigns.
- In collaboration with leadership, participate in developing marketing communication strategies for product lines to help SDG&E move closer to its short- and long-term strategic goals. Conduct thorough evaluations of market dynamics, demographics and competitive environment or niche, overall plan of action, metrics and deadlines. Ensure marketing communication strategies include consideration of internal and external risk factors and opportunities.
- Develop and manage daily marketing communications and production schedule calendars that manage the content the team is creating. Keep projects and campaign budget on track.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 4 years experience in marketing communications/content creation. Experience in at least three of the following areas: copywriting, project management, , digital marketing, social media marketing, , data analysis, marketing analytics, creating niche market segments and segmentation.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to manage projects effectively.
Strong time-management and prioritization skills required. Ability to develop schedules and meet deadlines.
Worked directly for an agency OR in a marketing communications role previously.
- Understanding of both digital and print design principles preferred. Knowledge of HTML, Indesign or other design software a plus.
- Working on social media platforms and creating personalized content.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.