Kearny Project Coordinator – 21-58414
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provides essential support for the maintenance and construction of our high voltage electric substations in a safe, reliable and economic manner. Ensures open lines of communication exist between Substation Construction Supervisors and the Substation Electricians. Responsible for scheduling and coordinating Substation compliance related maintenance activities. Support the development and maintenance of substation schedules, outages and construction support and other related technical documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating Substation compliance related maintenance activities as directed by the substation supervisor.
- Supports the development and maintenance of substation schedules, outages and construction support and other related technical documentation such as construction standards for capital projects.
- Ensures open lines of communication exist between Substation Construction Supervisors and the Substation Electricians.
- Supports Substation Construction supervisors during safety and project meetings via note taking and scheduling meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- Requires an understanding of the Outage Coordination scheduling system, construction scheduling and SDG&E Electric Substation operations activities.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience, including knowledge of high voltage Substation utility power system operations, principles and procedures and at least 1 year of related high-voltage substation experience.
- Must possess an understanding of NERC, WECC, CPUC and CAISO maintenance practices, procedures and policies.
- Must have knowledge of SDG&E’s scheduling practices and procedures, an understanding of electric substation system dynamics specifically relating to high voltage substations.
- Ability to understand and support the development and maintenance of substation project schedules is required.
- Excellent computer skills related to the use of Word, Excel, Project and general database applications is required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to demonstrate excellent coordination with other groups whose business directly affects our substations.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work individually as well as work within a team environment.
- A college degree is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.