Intern – 21-59370
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Training & Development Intern will:
- Provide general administrative and project management support to Training & Development.
- Work closely with Trainers.
- Gather information, conduct research and analyze data to provide relevant advice and information.
- Assist the business unit in the execution of their daily tasks.
- Support and assist with the restructure and organization of PPT slides, based on content supplied by Subject matter experts.
- Perform quality assurance checks on computer-based trainings (CBT’s).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams)
- Some college courses preferred in Training and Development or Marketing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact independently
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Experience with Articulate 360 and Adobe Connect preferred
- Experience with video and audio editing tools and Social Media savvy
- Creative eye for design and interest in training and or educating
- Instructional Design skills
- Sound judgment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn and apply learnings
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.