SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Group Product Manager is primarily responsible for defining the roadmap, vision, and prioritization of the product portfolio based on value for the customer. Takes full responsibility for a group of scrum teams and their products with authority to direct the product group work. Uses understanding of the market, customer needs and requirements, and the products to inform direction.
Interacts frequently with customers, drafting objectives and strategies and driving innovation through products or services. Provides oversight to the maintenance and operations of products within their group, ensuring adherence to relevant safety & compliance, regulatory, cybersecurity and legal standards. Provides management and oversight of their respective Product Owners as it relates to people development, career coaching, and performance feedback responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines and communicates group’s roadmap and vision across all teams, setting objectives for a 6-12 month time horizon. Communicates this vision to stakeholders, executive level leadership, and Product Owners across group. Identifies key outcomes to meet stakeholder needs with an eye towards innovation and continuous improvement. Manages complex needs across multiple business and IT groups, responsible for suite of products their group represents. Ensures that group’s value delivered is measurable. Owns quarterly planning and roadmaps for group. Proactively champions for new delivery opportunities, collaborating with stakeholders.
- Manages key executive relationships to maintain pipeline of work and strategic direction. Owns product delivery and value creation for a group of products, overseeing prioritization of epics, features, and stories, and driving delivery of business value. An epic is a high-priority significant technology solution that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories and features to be worked on by agile teams. Engages with clients to understand their needs and inform delivery. Maintains clear features and epics to drive teams’ direction and alignment. Determines when an epic has been completed by ensuring that it meets the end user’s needs. Communicates value of suite of products and their work plans. Facilitates feedback loops for teams on behalf of clients. Provides feedback to Product Owners on work completed.
- Provides leadership to a large team, providing direction, motivation, and strategic oversight. Owns all aspects of employee management for a large team, directing work and providing guidance. Responsible for all aspects of performance management, training and development. May supervise team leads.
- Responsible for feature and epic refinement, prioritization and quarterly planning. Acts as a trusted advisor and liaison across group of teams and their respective clients. Meets with key stakeholders to understand needs and shape product/service to deliver most value across their group of agile teams. Aligns value and direction of backlog items, resulting in a work product hierarchy (i.e. epics and features) which is communicated across group.
- Prepares for and facilitates Quarterly Planning. Manages group’s epics and features. Reviews and accepts completed epics and features as done. Proactively provides feedback to Product Owners for continuous alignment and improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).