Gas Operations Compliance Coordinator #21-59855
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Supports company gas emergency response and gas compliance Maintenance & Inspection activities within the SDG&E service territory by quickly and efficiently coordinating these efforts with Gas Technical Services (GTS) Supervision, Region Engineering (RE), Field Utilities Specialists, Construction Managers at C&O Centers, and Construction Services. Adheres to mandated policies, procedures and internal company standards in support of emergency response and compliance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as primary coordinator over the GTS Inspection & Maintenance program throughout the service territory for gas system assets. Validates and updates critical maintenance and inspection work record data. Creates, monitors, and manages work orders and maintenance notifications of company assets and equipment records in SAP-PM to ensure successful completion of necessary field repairs. Monitors the status of field work orders for completion, required follow-up, work scope changes, joint meet requirements, and access issues.
- Responds to data requests from SDG&E management and Compliance departments for internal and external audits. Creates and modifies ad-hoc and standardized reports using HANA and SAP-PM systems to ensure compliance, monitor notifications, and monitor work order status for Gas Technical Services. Assists with technical system support questions for represented personnel, sometimes resulting in scheduled work modifications for represented personnel. May assist supervisor with special project reporting and analysis.
- Performs Pipeline and Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) emergency response functions by dispatching and assigning represented personnel via CLICK sytem, including phone notification, other department coordination, and order creation/ processing (creation, modification, and management through completion of trouble orders in SAP-PM). Acts as a liason with various internal and external departments. Interacts daily with represented field personnel regarding order completion status, CLICK issues, and additional crew support as needed (assist crews and/ or extra equipment needed, material ordering, etc).
- Performs other duties as assigned which include but are not limited to assisting ARSO scheduling with compliance inspection and maintenance orders, creating and modifying late lists and prearranged lists, updating vacation information, and ensuring callout lists with qualifications are accurate.
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- 3 years – customer service or administrative support experience.
- Requires strong organization and prioritization skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working with Microsoft applications required – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Previous experience in Microsoft Access is beneficial.
- Requires the ability to work extended hours during gas operations emergencies, or as needed.
- This is a DOT safety sensitive position. A pre-assignment drug test may be required.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Previous experience with SAP, especially SAP-PM is highly desirable. Experience with CISCO, and GIS are desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of Company Standards and/ or regulatory code compliance driven maintenance and inspection activities are highly desirable.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the California Public Utilities Commission have adopted regulations governing the control of drug use by persons in certain job classifications. This job is covered by that regulation (49 CFR 199) and candidates who are not already in a covered job classification will be tested for the presence of prohibited drugs and must meet DOT standards before appointment to the job. Once in the job, successful candidates will be subject to random drug testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.