Fleet Quality Assurance Inspector – 21-60829
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for the completion of Quality Assurance (QA) inspections of fleet vehicles and equipment. Manage the fleet vehicle QA inspection process including conducting inspections and managing contractors. Ensure vehicles and equipment delivered meet the specified technical requirements, including SDG&E minimum standards for safety and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-delivery inspections to ensure rental work equipment meets company, industry and regulatory standards.
- Responsible for conducting and scheduling inspections and evaluations of repairs completed by vendors or garage personnel.
- Performs evaluations of mechanic performance in relation to job standards.
- Provides feedback to appropriate personnel or vendors regarding the quality of services or products.
- Ensures inspection related information and other related information is accurately entered into the fleet management system (M5) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- H.S. Diploma/GED is required.
- 3+ years Related experience. Experience should include a thorough knowledge of Fleet operations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to absorb formal training and schooling.
- Must be able to utilize standard computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technical/Vocational Education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.