Fleet Associate Vehicle Designer – Req # 21-58107
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Perform life-cycle cost analysis for SDG&E vehicles & equipment to enable effective forecasting and resulting in a long-term vehicle replacement plan for SDG&E that is currently in excess of $20 million dollars annually. Maximizes vehicle salvage proceeds, through the use of strategic marketing for high dollar specialty vehicles and equipment, and increasing the return in both dollars recovered and acquisition leverage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers and analyzes vehicle data, including costs and exhaust emission characteristics, and provides support for the development of Fleet Budgets, Rate Case filings, and variance explanations
- Responds to various on-going fleet vehicle replacement plan data requests and prepares organizational and executive presentations to support the communication of Asset Management plans and activities. Additionally, performs business analyses related to client requests that result in changes to vehicle and equipment specifications and replacement plans.
- Develops long term vehicle & equipment replacement plan that achieves optimum cost effectiveness while balancing end-user operational needs. Oversees execution of the plan and provides on-going guidance to financial planner to oversee the cost analyses of various options.
- Establishes KPI methodology and utilizes the appropriate data systems to continuously track, monitor, and analyze vehicle transportation costs such as total vehicle replacement costs (1st year amortization, 2nd year budget impact, salvage proceeds off-sets, etc.), incremental add justifications, vehicle rates, salvage proceeds, and vehicle exhaust emission characteristics.
- Provides oversight and guidance to vehicle and work equipment salvage activity, coordinates supplier evaluations, and oversees bid evaluations. Additionally, develops long term strategies to enhance recovery opportunities and ensure maximum benefits.
- Establishes vehicle and equipment replacement cycle strategies which include the evaluation of various budget scenarios and options. Oversees complete cost analyses to establish optimum life-cycles that consider acquisition, maintenance, and fuel costs.In addition to exhaust emission characteristics, user functional requirements, and residual value.
- Coordinates with Asset Manager and Fleet Business Planning Manager to establish long-term fleet replacement plans that are in alignment with, and support, the overall Fleet Business Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires 5 years of financial and supervisory related activity such as forecasting, cost and trend analysis, and supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Microsoft Query required.
- The successful candidate must possess strong financial acumen to effectively analyze cost data and trends required to prepare long-term replacement plans.
- In addition, the candidate must also possess strong communication and presentation skills to present and obtain approval for replacement plans and related strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or similar fields desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.