Fleet Assistant Technician – 21-60082
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for assisting mechanics in the performance of preventative maintenance and repairs to company vehicles, work equipment and specialized tools; support garage housekeeping by assisting in the maintenance of accurate files, records, and general shop cleaning; perform other related duties as assigned or required
- H.S. Diploma/GED High School or equivalent.
- Must obtain a valid California Class A Driver’s License with Hazmat, Tanker, Doubles and Passenger endorsements and retain thereafte
- Must have the ability to absorb formal training and schooling
- Must have effective oral, written and electronic communication skills
- Must be able to work at different locations and work times (working hours may vary at different locations)
- Must be capable of working without supervision
- Must perform heavy manual labor (lifting more than 75 lbs. without restrictions)
- Must have demonstrated working knowledge of the operations, maintenance, diagnosis and repair of company vehicles, work equipment, and specialized tools
- Must have a good attendance record and good safety habits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
This is a union represented position, represented by IBEW 465.
**PLEASE NOTE: There is a Red Battery Aptitude Test Requirement. All candidates interested in applying for this position must obtain a passing score of the Red Battery Aptitude Test.
Additional information & study guides can be found at http://sdge.com/careers/job-application-process/test-study-guides