SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Fire Coordination program functions as a liaison to all 1st Responder agencies on and off emergencies. The Fire Coordinator serves as a Subject Matter Expert for all company fire related issues and concerns. The FC program is the company hub for fire-related requests and work projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fire program management; manage workload, assess projects, identify timelines, schedule work. Develop and monitor complex Fire Plans for work projects within the wildland areas of service territory; assessing risk and assigning appropriate mitigation, and then monitoring compliance of the fire plan. Provide expertise in managing a specialized flammable liquid fire protection program at two SDG&E Power Plants and for 130 Substations throughout the service territory. Provide guidance in the management of a Fire Prevention contract that provides Type Six Fire Engines with qualified fire personnel who assist SDGE with its Fire Prevention and Fire Safety by connecting with our line personnel when performing at risk work in the wildland areas. Develop, monitor, and assess daily (using a complex fire danger rating system) the potential fire risk as it relates to SDGE facilities. Critical player in key system operational decisions as they relate to fire. Assist engineering staff in mitigating fire ignition potential with SDG&E equipment.
- Provides formal training on gas & electric safety, fire prevention, fire safety, fire extinguishers, and others. The FC program is responsible for the development, training, and implementation of the Incident Command System (ICS) to both utilities within the company and assist SoCalGas. Provides assistance in updating fire database recording and documentation of all SDG&E related fires.
- Emergency response; ensures adequate fire coverage around the clock, responds to emergencies as needed, and serves as company liaison to the 1st Responder agencies as needed. Attends the San Diego County Fire Chief’s Association, Forest Area Safety Taskforce, Greater San Diego Fire Safe Council, and the Border Agency Fire Council.
- Serves as a company witness and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in court proceedings, depositions, and CPUC hearings. Develops written responses to data requests and other fire related inquiries, prepares responses for the General Rate Case (GRC), Order Instituting Rule Making (OIR), Order Instituting Investigation (OII) and other fire related input as required. Works closely with company Risk Management program to continually assess fire related issues and concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).