Facilities Manager – Critical Sites
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the maintenance, repair and operation of all building assets, infrastructure and grounds including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, roofing, emergency power and UPS Systems maintenance, janitorial services, landscaping, solid waste management, energy and water conservation, etc.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, Building Code, Fire Code, Governmental agencies, Company policies and standards.
- At some locations is assigned as the Site Manager with responsible to ensure overall safety and environmental compliance. Works closely with Site Managers and business unit clients to establish and maintains relationships.
- Ensures client facilities operating needs are met and align with the overall company’s requirements. Works with clients to identify and plan facility improvements that support operating requirements.
- Supervision for two to five union represented and contract maintenance employees.
- Partners with Data Center IT management and interfaces frequently with all levels of management, external agencies, contractors and clients.
- Implements facilities management best practices to ensure cost efficiency, energy efficiency, optimum level of service, asset protection and reliability while ensuring that client’s service and support needs are continually addressed and met.
- Responsible for management of maintenance and service contracts; prepares contract specifications, develops scope of work, interviews bidders, awards contract and prepares performance evaluations on contracts as a contract manager.
- Develops budgets for operations and maintenance. Develops scope and manages small Capital and O&M projects.
- Utilizes asset management tools to identify and plan capital replacement.
- Acts as owner’s rep when a third party Project Manager is assigned to manage Capital improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in facilities management, business administration or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years – in facilities management/maintenance.
- A valid California driver’s license is required.
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) is desired.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience related to data center/critical facility operations, project management, or construction management is desirable.
- Previous experience working closely with executive level management is desirable.
- Previous experience with union workforce is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.