SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Performs administrative support and coordinates activities for the Vice President – Energy Procurement & Sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to the executive by handling various administrative details to ensure efficient office operations.
- Performs various executive support duties of a technical and/or highly confidential nature, while maintaining strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Coordinates event and speaking engagement details including assisting with talking points, PowerPoint slide decks and logistics for external engagements.
- Reviews and proofreads written material and recommends changes to improve readability and clarity.
- Performs minor accounting tasks such as reviewing and reconciling invoices and other documents.
- Maintains confidential files and records.
- Performs typing duties, takes and transcribes important and confidential dictation; ensures the confidential handling of announcements and other information.
- Schedules meetings, monitors Executive(s)’ calendars, coordinates catering, arranges travel, and prepares expense reports.
- Assists in planning meetings and developing agendas.
- Maintains familiarity with Corporation and division activities, including organization, workflow and operations.
- Uses discretion in answering and screening mail, email and telephone calls.
- Responds to inquiries or routes inquiries to appropriate personnel or Department. Brings attention to matters of importance.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes information to prepare correspondence.
- Greets employees and external guests.
- Provides periodic relief to other Executive Assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).