SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Evaluation Measurement & Verification (EM&V) Research Advisor develops researchable questions, issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and associated contracts, collaborates on research design, communicates with program managers to gain consensus on research questions, and monitors third party research firms contracted to conduct studies. The position will be responsible for designing research for SDG&E Energy Efficiency programs and projects. Research design and development provides fundamental data for improving SDG&E customer programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research design, implementation, and management of studies including identifying and determining areas of research, based on discussion with internal and external stakeholders, developing research and experimental design, and communicating study results to stakeholders and providing recommendations for energy efficiency program design.
- Communicate and negotiate SDG&E research needs for statewide studies; attends statewide research-based meetings on behalf of SDG&E.
- Provides and solicits comments on studies, research plans, scopes of work, RFPs, and contract scoring for managed studies, as well as those included in the statewide EM&V research roadmaps, to help guarantee unbiased research.
- Project manages SDG&E studies, including all aspects of research from inception to completion and managing third-party evaluators. Tracks and contributes to studies conducted by Energy Division and other Program Administrators.
- Prepares presentations of study findings to share with management and program staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).