Environmental Queue Coordinator – 21-59684
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Leads project review workflow processing for the Department’s Environmental Tracking System (ETS) and serves as an administrator for the ETS and Geographic Environmental Analysis Reporting System (GEARS) systems. Ensures projects are entered correctly, routes projects for review, tracks review status, review timeframes, creates and/or maintains workflow metric reports used to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and performs regular QA/QC checks of data to ensure the accuracy of environmental data and reports. Coordinates with multiple stakeholders to ensure environmental workflows are completed and closed out. Provides training on the tools and systems to track environmental workflows, maintains training records, and ensures training modules are up to date and relevant to the needs of end users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Intake, Routing, and Tracking – Process project submittals received in the queue (includes ensuring submittals are complete and project location is properly identified in GIS) and route projects for review to subject matter experts (SME), monitors progress of project reviews, tracks key KPIs, and issue environmental releases as projects reviews are completed by environmental subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Assists with troubleshooting issues with the environmental tracking system and serves as the primary liaison with IT to address system related issues and track upgrade requests.
- Develops, maintains, and distributes reports. Provides regular (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly quarterly, etc.) updates, as needed, to support compliance and operations and assist teams with understanding information provided by the environmental tracking system. Reviews data in the ETS system to ensure integrity of system data and work with stakeholders to ensure processes are followed.
- Trains and advises internal and external stakeholders on use of environmental’ s project review workflow tracking system. Develops and maintains training materials, as needed. Works with SME reviewers and requestors to ensure accuracy and integrity of data in the system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree 2 years of equivalent coursework.
- 2 years – utility or environmental, or similar related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Proficient in data collection and information management with strong organizational, analytical, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to interact independently with all levels of management and non-management and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in SharePoint, SAP, and ECM. Ese of Microsoft Power BI, Power Automate.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations associated with the utility industry and large-scale energy infrastructure project licensing/permitting, public affairs, environmental and regulatory compliance, contracting, scheduling, budgeting, general project controls, and construction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.