SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Enterprise Agile Coach’s primarily responsible for driving agile adoption across the organization through coaching, facilitation teaching and mentoring while leveraging various frameworks such as SAFe, Scrum, Kanban. Drives organizational agility across various teams within the IT organization, using strong agile delivery knowledge, lifecycle and backlog management tools and works alongside multiple teams to coach, mentor and facilitate adoption of agility.
Proactively anticipates scaling impediments, opportunities for improvement, and facilitates Quarterly Planning and Group Review (i.e. scrum of scrums), enabling teams to focus on delivering its sprint commitments and Agile Learning workshops, enabling people and teams to gain foundational knowledge in agility. Responsible for keeping the organization abreast to new agile techniques by informing and implementing relevant changes to various teams within the IT organization. Supports various roles across teams, including Product Owners and Scrum Masters, responsible for helping drive continuous improvement and maturity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in coaching and education of teams within the IT organization on utilizing agile principles and scrum practices/values according to company expectations. Facilitates universal application of best practices and processes needed to scale agile methodologies for organizational success. Helps teams and groups to identify any areas of improvement and facilitates interactive and action-oriented discussions to drive continuous improvements. Assesses scrum maturity (i.e., ability to leverage agile ways of working to increase value delivered to the organization) of group and coaches teams to higher levels of maturity. Leverages different scaling practices and methodologies to improve the maturity across the group and verticals.
- Collaborates with Strategy & Operations Managers and other organizational leaders to execute strategies for agile adoption, monitor the adoption and evaluate quality of team backlogs (i.e., team-level lists of prioritized work that are well defined and ready to be delivered within a two-week sprint) and roadmaps. Provide coaching and education where appropriate to addresses complex team and group impediments, providing direction to teams, and collaborating across the organization to ensure that delivery impediments are addressed and resolved appropriately. Coaches Scrum Masters on approaches to removing team-level delivery impediments. Builds trusting and safe environment for teams where problems can be escalated and discussed. Facilitates problem-solving between teams and groups.
- Facilitates team-level discussions, decision making, and conflict resolutions to create the safe working environment for team members. Proactively communicates with stakeholders both internal and external to the team, promotes transparency and information sharing between teams and with leadership as needed.
- Responsible for implementing training programs. Ensures the IT Organization is utilizing most up to date techniques by participating in continuous learning and education of changes in agile methodologies collaborating with other to facilitate workshops and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).