Energy Analyst 1 – 21-60814
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
To provide technical assistance to engineering personnel by conducting analyses and studies of engineering and other technical problems, conducting design studies, providing construction support and management, material evaluations and design standard support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains, and revises the Gas Distribution Design Standards.
- Works with minimal engineering oversight and support.
- Provides training to field and district personnel as needed.
- Consults with engineering personnel and provide engineering support during construction and startup of various gas facilities, pipelines and systems.
- Plans and conducts studies and analyses of the less complex engineering projects as directed by senior engineer or section supervisor.
- Ability to manage projects independently is required.
- Prepares rough and final drawings and designs for proposed projects, analyzes engineering drawings, as-builts specifications, drawings and related data.
- Conducts material analyses and evaluate new materials, processes and tools.
- Coordinates material testing and product evaluation and approval.
- Develops and modifies material specifications as needed.
- Prepares cost estimates and analyses; assists in developing, preparation and monitoring of capital and O&M budgets.
- Conducts filed inspections of existing facilities, analyses field conditions in order to develop cost effective preliminary designs and plans.
- Provides data management and processing for large databases. Must be able to develop and maintain databases, project schedules, tables, charts and other documents on PC.
- Continues to refine and develop skills through management development and PC courses both in house and outside.
- Performs other related duties as required an assigned.
- High school education required.
- Requires design/mapping, C&O district or related experience.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Some college classes desired.
- Familiarity with the MS Office suite of programs. MMSII and DPSS experience is desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status