SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for managing, coordinating and implementing internal communications strategies, plans and programs to support the strategic goals, business objectives and company values of San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and communicate corporate strategy and key messages to a wide variety of internal audiences in clear language, using a variety of communications tactics. Work with teams to identify best practices and determine communication channels to support business objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and internal communications channels and obtain feedback from key stakeholders.
- Provide executive communications to support senior executive staff, including preparing talking points for critical topics, company announcements, etc. Research, write and edit all types of communication materials.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop/implement successful internal communications plans and strategies for the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).