At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
General Duties: Assist Journeyman in completing field work operating and maintaining the Company’s electric system by operating tools and equipment necessary to accomplish this work. Work without Journeyman oversight on tools or apparatus in the Electric Maintenance Shops for which a Journeyman has previously qualified them. May not work on any energized equipment. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience working in the electrical field or equivalent military experience required. Equivalent college courses may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Be able to perform heavy manual labor.
- Have demonstrated ability to absorb formal training and schooling.
- Have good safety habits.
- Have a valid California driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain a Class A California driver’s license and will not receive any upgrades for operating vehicles.
- Employees accepted into the Electrician Assistant position may not bid on other positions while in the program.
- Accept the Apprentice Electrician position when offered.
- Complete a 3-week Orientation training program which includes the climbing of steel structures. No vacation allowed during this week
- Attend and successfully complete a 3-week Electrician Assistant qualifying program after successfully completing the 3-week Orientation training. No vacation allowed during this school.
FUTURE APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED FROM HOLDING THE CLASSIFICATION OF ELECTRICIAN ASSISTANT.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the California Public Utilities Commission have adopted regulations governing the control of drug use by persons in certain job classifications. Certain job duties in this position are classified as being covered by the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) (Title 49 CFR Part 382) and candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test. Once in the job and driving/ licensure/ permitting requirements are met, successful bidders will be subject to FMCSA mandated testing.
Candidates should be aware that this position, as in the case in most positions within the Company, requires successful bidders to work overtime, which includes extended days, call-outs for emergency work, weekend work and holiday work.
- 1st Year $27.31 per hour
- 2nd Year $31.88 per hour
- Thereafter $32.45 per hour
If selected, training is set to start on June 14, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a xxxx Battery Aptitude Test Requirement. All candidates interested in applying for this position must obtain a passing score of the xxxx Battery Aptitude Test.
Additional information & study guides can be found at http://sdge.com/careers/job-application-process/test-study-guides
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.