At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Single point of contact for all economic and regulatory issues for the assigned projects. Represents the Company as a subject matter expert in electric rate design and implementation issues. Develops analysis for Electric rates issues in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring that the work is complete and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Effectively collaborate with internal departments, stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and vendors to define requirements, assess alternatives and present solutions to the Company’s Electric Rate Design and Implementation needs. Ensure projects are developed in a manner consistent with the compliance requirements related to multiple regulatory and legislative proceedings associated with electric rates and rate design and the Company’s strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful implementation of the CPUC directives into electric rates including project scoping, and timelines. Develop and maintain the compliance requirements related to multiple regulatory and legislative proceedings associated with electric rates and rate design. Provide direction to internal and external stakeholders, consultants, and project team. Serve as the primary point of contact on the Company’s rate filings to ensure consistency with both internal and external stakeholders, including the FERC, the CPUC, the CEC and other regulatory agencies, external parties/intervenors, as well as across other business units including internal and external communications.
- Develop analysis and may oversee the development of analysis necessary to support the Company’s strategic efforts related to rate design and mitigation of cost shift including rate and customer bill impacts in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and consistency with the Company’s strategy initiatives.
- Serve as the Company’s subject matter expert on electric rate design and regulatory compliance in various state and federal regulatory commissions and providing witness support. As the Company’s expert witness on these issues, takes lead responsibility for representing the Company’s position on these issues including provide recommendations and analytical support to various areas (e.g. Business Units, Case Management and Legal) in the development of testimony, rebuttal testimony, discovery responses, cross-examination of witnesses, lobbying and negotiation positions and settlement agreements, and executive briefings.
- Serves as primary point of contact to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistency of the Company’s rate strategy messaging for the assigned projects across the various rates-related regulatory proceedings.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).