Electric Distribution Quality Assurance Administrator
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Ensures compliance with California Public Utilities (CPUC) General Orders (GO) 95, 128, 165 and SDGE electric distribution construction standards through quality assurance audits of records and inspections of all electric distribution Construction and Operation Centers and Construction Service’s Contractors. Ensure compliance with California Public Utilities (CPUC) General Orders (GO) 95, 128, 165 and SDGE electric distribution construction standards in the third-party attachment process through inspections and audits of records of all third-party requests. Assists in the development of company construction standards. Provides direction to the Electric Distribution Construction and Operation Centers on compliance (i.e. Electric Standard Practice 607 General Order 95, 128 and 165, Third Party Infraction Notification Program).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and identifies electric distribution facilities for CPUC General Orders 95 and 128 Third Party Infractions and process General Order Correction Forms.
- Provides direction to CO Centers electric distribution supervisors on compliance to SDGE construction standards, CPUC construction codes and corrective maintenance program.
- Performs pre and post construction inspections of CIP joint pole attachments and act as joint use field contact to CIPs during field joint meets and for technical issues.
- Performs Quality Assurance Audits for compliance with SDGE electric distribution standards and General Order 95/128/165 on the CO Centers and Construction Services.
- Provides interpretation of General Orders 95 and 128 for the analysis and development of new construction standards.
- Supervises and/or coordinates CPUC General Order 165 Audits/Inspections of SDGE’s electric distribution system including analyzing and reporting results to SDGE’s management.
- Processes CPUC Data Request responses for electric transmission and distribution incident investigations.
- Supports Program Management and Skills Training as required for training Corrective Maintenance personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- 5-8 years related experience and proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and detailed understanding of utility grade electric distribution systems’ overhead and underground construction standards, CPUC General Orders 95, 128, 165 and how the electric distribution system operates as well as detailed understanding of the Corrective Maintenance Program.
- Must be knowledgeable and have understanding in observing all applicable safety precautions that pertain to working near and inspecting energized facilities.
- Must exercise analytical ability, independent judgment and tact in the performance of duties while demonstrating a sense of urgency to expedite assignments and quickly solve issues.
- Strong teambuilding skills coupled with a focus on performance and customer orientation will be necessary for success.
- Computer aptitude and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications are required.
- Experience with SAP, GFMS, GIS and Photo Shop.
- The ability to function as a self-managed worker is highly desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Competitive salaries
- Performance Incentives
- Cash balance pension program
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable healthcare, dental and vision
- Generous vacation and flex days
- Employee Giving Programs including charitable donations, volunteer incentive program, and scholarship programs
- Substantial educational reimbursement
- Employee Professional Development
- Passport card for significant discounts at local restaurants and entertainment venues
- On site cafes, walking trail, gym, yoga, chair massages