At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
As a recognized leader and emergency professional, leads a large and diverse organization responsible for developing, implementing and managing the emergency preparedness and response and business resumption programs for SDG&E. Leads the development, implementation and management of comprehensive Emergency Preparedness strategies, emergency preparedness exercises and training for SDG&E. Directs Emergency Operations Services and leads the EOC, which requires 24/7 availability and extended operations during emergencies and critical events. Assists with vulnerability assessments and collaborates to develop mitigation strategies. Seeks out opportunities to leverage existing systems or technologies for use in emergency response. Interfaces regularly with senior management to provide recommendations for and updates on preparedness and critical events. Conducts extensive liaison with federal, local and state Offices of Emergency Services and other governmental agencies. As an aviation professional, responsible for leading and ensuring the safe operations of SDG&E’s industry leading aviation services department. Responsible for leading and overseeing the Company’s state of the art meteorology program and extensive weather monitoring network. Responsible for oversight and direction of SDG&E’s dynamic Fire Coordination program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the development, implementation and management of comprehensive Emergency Preparedness and Business Resumption program strategies to achieve efficient and effective restoration of operations during emergencies. Ensures the highest level of company preparedness as it relates to operational and financial response and recovery; develops, leads, and tests company-wide emergency preparedness exercises and training.
- Provides leadership across the enterprise to ensure that each organization is highly prepared to execute its response and recovery responsibilities during and after an emergency. Works with the local and state Offices of Emergency Services and other governmental agencies. Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders such as city, county, state and federal Offices of Emergency Services, DHS, as well as other governmental agencies; ensures SDG&E is appropriately benchmarked against industry standards or developments and best practices regarding emergency responsiveness.
- Leads and directs SDG&E’s aviation services program, including aviation fire response, with an emphasis on ensuring safe flight operations by company and contract personnel. In addition, responsible for ensuring comprehensive aviation safety training is developed and provided to relevant personnel. Leads in developing and implementing appropriate use cases for and leverages SDG&E’s industry leading UAS programs and technology.
- Leads a diverse and highly functioning team of meteorological professionals in monitoring and reporting on actual and forecast weather conditions in the service territory. Leads the staff in continuing to innovate and develop sophisticated forecasting and modeling technologies to assist in planning for and responding to significant threats to electric and gas infrastructure.
- Leads a dynamic team of fire professionals in coordinating company response during wildfire and other fire events which threaten company assets and personnel and to prevent ignition potentially caused by company assets.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory and policy requirements, and anticipates the effects of potential changes. Acts as the company representative to regional or statewide preparedness organizations.
- Leads in the professional development of assigned personnel and performs other duties as assigned.