Data Analyst – 21-59638
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Analyzes business problems and issues of moderate scope using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and data elements. May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. Communicate data conclusions and recommendations based on data analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis in support of client’s business needs. Gathers relevant information, organizes and analyzes data looking for trends and patterns. Interprets results and collaborates with other Data Analysts to determine recommendations to be taken based on the applicable information.
- Understands data needs and develops report specifications to extract data from systems. Plans and selects best data elements needed for reports. Runs reports and compiles data from multiple sources. Inspects data and verifies accuracy of data in reports. Transforms data into usable format.
- Presents data through written reports, metrics, and data visualization.
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technical developments in data analytics field.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Data Analytics or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 3-5 years – of professional analytic or closely related experience. Ability to interpret data for trends, understand the business enough to draw conclusions and raise topics for discussion.
- Utilizes data manipulation techniques while extracting, querying, and transforming data.
- Ability to write and present clear and efficient insights developed through analysis.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solves problems within established policies and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of reporting capabilities of SAP, ERPs, CRMs, and/or other databases.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.