SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Capability Owner Team Lead is a member of a capability team, primarily responsible for the delivery of vulnerability management for the organization. Maintains a delivery roadmap of work and services, prioritizing backlog of work based on value to enterprise and innovate strategic direction focused on cybersecurity risk reduction. Facilitates frequent stakeholder-facing interactions to draft objectives and strategies, drives innovation through services, and provides channels for users to request and receive standard services to remediate vulnerabilities. Develops and maintains formal procedures for capability management for greater consistency and increased productivity.
As the team lead and primary enterprise point of contact for the team, navigates increasingly complex stakeholder interests with broader cross-team considerations or business implications, drives strategic innovation direction, service enhancements and improvements. Analyzes vulnerability management performance through statistical and reporting methods to ensure that all agreed services are being delivered, satisfaction levels and expectations are met, and team focuses on innovation. Prioritizes team’s work, defining the roadmap for their capability.
Works with contractors through the external vendor manager directly or their back-office support for any assigned work, to lead status meetings with external vendor management to review progress and quality of assigned work. Assists as needed with providing company protocols, scope of work, and contract adjustments where valid and approved by company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines and communicates team’s roadmap and vision with overall vulnerability management. Manages complex technology needs with greater cross-team dependencies, stakeholder relationships, and the capability maturity, with full authority. Follows industry best practices to identify, document, mitigate and resolve vulnerability risks. A capability is a technical service, system, application, function or process and may include enterprise-wide standards (e.g., IT quality assurance, cybersecurity compliance, etc.). Identifies and qualifies potential opportunities with the stakeholders for the backlog, focusing on work planning and extended roadmaps to reduce risks from vulnerabilities throughout the enterprise. Ensures that the value of work delivered is measurable. A backlog is a dynamic, prioritized list of everything that is known to be needed in the product including descriptions, estimated effort, and noted order. Drives strategy and communication of team’s roadmap with an eye towards continuous innovation and improvement. Proactively champions new opportunities to enhance technical services, bringing thought leadership and expertise to enhance the strategy for vulnerability management.
- Captures work requests from end users and documents work to inform priority and planning, potentially from multiple stakeholders. Acts as a trusted advisor and liaison between team and consumers/end users, which may include enterprise business users, vendors, employees or other teams within IT and Cybersecurity. Proactively aligns with stakeholders on work priority and progress to drive understanding of delivery expectations. Coordinates requests and needs from end users with related cross functional teams, leading communications with partners and handling intake and prioritization of requests. Collaborates across enterprise to understand and manage delivery dependencies. Communicates value of increasingly more complex services with greater technical and business implications to team to support their understanding and provide clear success criteria for work completion. Manages team plan, priorities, and maintains a healthy backlog of work for team.
- Oversees delivery of team’s related services across organization. Empowers teams with knowledge, tools, services, and resourcing to enable activities within respective capability. Responsible for planning and managing all activities within an assigned delivery scope as determined by team and related leadership, managing the team’s work. Proactively collaborates with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify related delivery requirements, assess potential impacts, consider user needs, and compare costs. Consults with leaders and teams to provide recommendations or guidance.
- Drives delivery of work and prioritizes value creation, providing capability specific input and guidance to working teams. Operates following known industry practices, such as Kanban. Kanban is a framework used for organizing work in an agile way, focused on managing flow of knowledge and operational work and driving continuous improvement for a team. Mentors less experienced staff on capability related best practices, procedures and process.
- Acts as direct supervisor to a team of employees. Holds responsibility for performance management activities, addressing staffing needs, people-related administrative activities, managing employee relations, and other people management duties as required. Supports team members in their individual development and continuous improvement, including goal setting and training plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).