This position is responsible for quality and performance in Customer Care, managing various strategic cross functional projects and operational analysis to achieve improvement in operations, including increasing productivity, reducing costs, increasing quality and shaping the customer experience. This position works directly with operational managers and supervisors to identify opportunities for optimizing operational processes in the Customer Care Centers. The position also works with Information Technology, Customer Research, Customer Strategy & Transformation, and other departments within the company to identify new initiatives and is expected to have flexibility and adaptability to manage, plan direct and lead a variety of projects. This position manages project managers and analysts and ensures that analysis and plans are well grounded in the operational realities and for leading major changes in customer service operations to support residential and small business customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise project managers and analysts who conduct and oversee analysis, develop strategies, plans, and provide recommendations regarding customer operations, e.g., optimization of delivery channels, efficient utilization of resources, quality, customer satisfaction, etc. Conducts analysis and provides recommendations impacting customer service employees regarding work processes, optimum scheduling, forecasting, etc. Projects will involve use of advanced analytical tools (mathematical models) and large (mega) data mining and analysis.
- Leads high priority and high value cross-functional projects that impact residential customer operations. Works with IT department on technology application strategy and evaluates new systems and applications.
- Develops strategies and implement projects and process improvements to increase customer self-service utilization in the IVR. Works with DE4C department to improve self-service through artificial intelligence, automaton, SDGE.com, SDG&E My Account, and mobile applications.
- Provides solutions to complex analytical projects with a solid fact-based analysis for operational improvement recommendations. Creates, monitors, and provides operational KPIs.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).