At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
This position is responsible for leading the development of SDG&E’s greenhouse gas reduction and decarbonization policy strategy to advance the company’s clean energy policy to meet California’s climate goals. The position is also responsible for developing the long-term strategy for the Customer Programs portfolio with a combined $200 million budget including Energy Efficiency, Customer Assistance, Demand Response, and green pricing programs. The scope of this position includes policy strategy development and execution, compliance with CPUC requirements, leadership and guidance to staff for the preparation of all regulatory filings, review and contribution on legislative bills, participating in internal and external audits. Duties include working with SDG&E directors and officers on policy and strategic planning, conducting communications and advocacy with policymakers and regulators, and collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and work with internal stakeholders and senior leadership and provide thought leadership on the development and implementation of SDG&E’s decarbonization strategy.
- Provide guidance for on-going enhancements on regulatory policy positions, risk assessment, strategies and mechanisms that support SDG&E’s business plans and objectives for the Customer Programs portfolio.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff and work on developing and preparing program applications, regulatory filings and other materials for regulatory proceedings; this includes being a witness for applications.
- Represent and serve as a spokeperson for SDG&E and maintain external relationships with CPUC, CEC, CalPA, TURN, other stakeholders and key influencers to develop and implement SDG&E’s long term legislative and regulatory carbon reduction policy strategy by communicating related positions, rationale, benefits and challenges.
- Provide policy guidance and consult to the program operations team including the development of cost-effective programs; development of SDG&E’s position on statewide programs and initiatives. Directing and managing consultants who support policy activities and provide guidance on more complex regulatory requests.
- Ensures CPUC policies and procedures are adhered to across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).